Friday 30 October 2015

Evaluation

In what ways does you media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of school magazines?

My media product, the school magazine, challenges the conventions of usual school magazines firstly because of the image that I have used. Normally a school magazine may use a photo of a student or a group of students, however I have used a picture of the school building instead. The reason for this is because a photo of the school building links in with my anchorage text and cover lines so I thought it was appropriate to use the school building. Another aspect of my media product is the masthead. I have positioned the masthead at the top of the magazine because this is where it will be most visible and will be able to attract the most amount of people. This conforms to the conventions of a typical magazine cover due to most magazines having the masthead at the top of the cover to attract the maximum amount of readers. Another part of my magazine cover that conforms to the conventions of a usual school magazine is the colour scheme that I have used. I have used a lot of red, black and white which are all colours which are typical and bold and can be used to attract an audience, but not only to attract people but so that the audience reading the magazine find it attractive to look at. As well as this I have tried to link the colour scheme in with the colours of the school so that the magazine all ties together making it more recognisable. Another aspect of my magazine cover which conforms to a common magazine is the puff text that I have included in the corner of the cover. Magazines will use this kind of text to pull in the audience, and give them more of an incentive to pick up and read the magazine. They can also feel like they are getting something for free which will always appeal to people. Many magazine will use this technique as it is very simple but affective, and usually it is placed in the corner of a cover so that it is clear and will stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment