Thursday 21 April 2016

Final product improvements



When it came to finishing my products I felt like there were extra improvements that needed to be made in order to make my magazine the best it can be. The improvements which I added to my final front cover were:

  • I made the main image sit in front of the masthead. The reason I did this was because it now follows common conventions of actual music magazine covers, as well as R&B magazines. By having my product conform to common conventions this makes it seem more professional and make it look like it is a well known magazine. Also by doing this, it pulls more attention towards my main image which is the most important aspect of the page.
  • Another improvement that I made to my final front cover was the pug used. The reason I changed it was because it now draws more attentions to the most important words such as 'Beyonce', where as before there was nothing standing out which would attract the reader. Also by adding the word 'Crazy' just makes it seem more interesting and something fun which the audience will be attracted to.



 As well as my front cover, I have made improvements to my final double page spread in order to make it to the highest standard and so it has more affect on the audience/reader. The improvements that I have made are:


  • I have added a third pull quote onto the top left of the right page. The reason I have done this is because it then balances out the text across the whole double page spread, making it so there is something to look at in each section of the page, as before it was just plain in the top left corner. As well as this it is another aspect which will pull in the reader.
  • Another improvement is that I have extended the 3rd column and added a final question. The reason why is before there was a large gap at the end of the article, so to even it out I thought that extending the page would make it look more attractive.

I have not made any improvements to my contents page as I feel that there was nothing more to add or to change which would make it any more attractive and appeal to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment