Tuesday 15 December 2015

Front Cover Mock Ups


This is my first Front Cover mock up design. I have based these on what I found out from my audience research with the Masthead designs, and the colour schemes etc. My audience research allowed me to know that the 'Impact' masthead was thought to suit this sort of magazine best, which is the the reason behind why have chosen it for this design. Another important aspect of this design is the colour scheme, and this was also picked on my audience research. As the red and black were chosen as the favourite for the mastheads I designed to keep this going through the design to make it all blend together and look professional and attractive. For the main Image I have chosen a medium shot of a woman, I believe this would look good on my magazine as it looks professional, simple but also effective to attract the audience, also many music magazines use similar photos to this on their front covers. The cover lines and anchorage text are what I want, or similar to what I want on my final design, such as '2015's new best R&B artist'. Here this is showing the genre of my magazine without clearly stating it. Also I will be attracting my target audience as they may get attracted to this.



 This is my second Front cover mock up design. Again I have based the masthead, colour schemes etc on the audience research I have previously done. Through My audience research I found out that the font for this masthead was the most favourite and suited to a music magazine as it looks edgy and different. As well as this, this masthead would work well on a music magazine because it is large and bold and allows people to be drawn to it. With the colour scheme, in the first mock up it is a red colour which can attract a larger audience of both boys and girls as this colour is not specifically associated with one gender. However, in this mock up I have decided to use a pink colour which would attract a girl audience, this is also the audience that I have chosen for my R n B magazine, which explains why I would pick pink over a dark blue colour for example. Also with the main image I have gone with a woman again, but this time I have allowed an opportunity for the audience to see the costume which the model has been put in, as this magazine is attracting the women gender, having a fashionable outfit on the front cover can attract the target audience of young women. Even though it is not a fashion magazine I can still use this to my advantage.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment